BUSY RESEDA NC Meeting
At the longest Reseda Neighborhood Council meeting in recent history the Reseda NC did a lot;
- They accepted the resignation of Sharon Brewer from the Board and notified the community that the election to fill her seat will be on the January 4, 2016 meeting. The community then elected Anna Measles to fill the vacancy created when Kevin Taylor Resigned.
- Newsletter, Outreach, Ad-Hoc Community Space Committee and Economic Development Committees reported on recent activity.
- The Valley Food Bank’s Jose Nolasco asked for suppot for their Turkey Dinner Program.
- The Budget for the Reseda NC was revised.
- Finance statements for September and October were approved.
- Approved adding Nancy Clark, Anna Measles and Joe Phillips to the Ad-Hoc Committee.
- Approved the recommendation of the PLUM Committee to support the Beer & Wine license for Reseda Mobil.
- Approved allocation for Reseda NC’s Holiday Party on December 21. This will include a food drive for Valley Food Bank.
- Approved use of the Reseda Community Space for use of the AARP to train their Taz preparers for the 2016 filing period.
- Approved the use of the Space for Fun A Day Meeting on December 1.
- Tabled approving use of Space by the Sierra Club and the NAACP for further info.
- Approved the use of the Space for a Student Art Show, Youth Open Mike and Youth Poetry Slam After RNC Officers made their reports
- The meeting was adjourned at about 9:50